AJMAA Institutional License
SITE LICENSE AGREEMENT
1. This agreement is between “Austral Internet Publishing” (AIP) and: (Name of Licensee) (hereinafter referred to as the Licensee) concerning electronic subscriptions to "The Australian Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications" (AJMAA).
2. AIP grants the Licensee a nontransferable and nonexclusive annual right and license to access, retrieve, disseminate locally, and use the electronically available versions AJMAA articles according to the procedures, terms, and conditions described in this agreement.
3. An electronic version of AJMAA articles, consisting of all volumes
published to which AIP holds the
legal right to electronically disseminate them is made available to all Internet
Protocol (IP) addresses within the
domain of the Licensee, as described at the end of this document. All members of
the Licensee’s campus or
institutional community who are authorized to use the computers within this
domain are deemed authorized
users of the site license. The system shall not, however, be able to provide
access to faculty, students, or staff of
Licensee when they are using a computer that is neither within the institution’s
domain nor connected to a proxy
server that is within that domain.
4. AJMAA articles are formatted electronically as PDF files. Minimum software/hardware
requirements for access to these PDF files are a computer with access to the
World Wide Web through the network
of the subscribing institution, a web browser (such as Opera, Firefox or
Internet Explorer) and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
AIP reserves the right to change the format in which the electronic files are made available should changes in technology make such changes useful or necessary. Every effort will be made by AIP to allow simple and convenient access by Licensee to the electronic versions of AJMAA articles at all times; but no guarantee is made or implied by this license agreement as to the form in which AJMAA files will be usable by Licensee.
5. Licensee agrees to use locally available resources first for any technical
assistance required in accessing the AJMAA site. Technical assistance (limited to problems with accessing or
using the Web site and not including
support of hardware or software used to access the site) will be provided by
AIP after local resources have
been exhausted, upon receipt of a letter describing the local set-up, the
problems encountered, and the remedies
6. Provisions for sharing by Licensee of the electronic versions of
articles (or of access to the articles
on AJMAA home page) with persons outside of Licensee’s campus or
institution, or with other institutions
affiliated with Licensee, may be negotiated between AIP and Licensee (with
or without additional subscription
fees being required by AIP, depending on the particular situation and the
effect of the sharing on the market
for AJMAA). Any such amendments will not be valid unless attached in
writing to this license agreement.
Barring such negotiated amendments to this agreement, any sharing or
dissemination of the electronic versions
of AJMAA articles between institutions is strictly prohibited. Licensees
are allowed to print a local copy of
any articles of AJMAA and use such printed copy for interlibrary loans.
7. Licensee will make all reasonable efforts to inform authorized users of
computers within the Licensee’s domain
that they may download, archive, and print AJMAA articles from the
Web site for their own
noncommercial educational and research use, but may not further disseminate
these articles in their electronic
form without express written permission from AIP. Without such permission,
access to the electronic versions
of AJMAA articles absolutely must be restricted to the faculty, staff,
students, and authorized on-site
library users on a single university campus or other similar institution.
8. Under ordinary circumstances, should a possible breach of this agreement come
to the attention of AIP, AIP will inform Licensee and provide a reasonable amount of time for
investigation and, if necessary, correction
of the breach. AIP shall, however, have the right immediately to suspend
this license agreement, without
need for provision of proof, if it determines that Licensee has committed a
serious and material breach of the
agreement that is likely to continue. For this purpose, each individual user
will be considered a representative of
Licensee in determining whether a breach of the access provisions of this
license agreement has occurred. That
is, AIP reserves the right to suspend the agreement whether or not the
breach originates from institutional
action or from the action of an individual authorized user at that institution.
The right of termination under
this section shall be in addition to any other right or remedy any party may
have at law or in equity. Licensee
acknowledges and agrees that a serious breach by Licensee of the access
provisions of this agreement may cause
irreparable injury to AIP and might be subject to injunctive and other
equitable remedies against such breach.
9. This agreement shall enter into force on the date of the last signature by the authorized representatives of AIP and the Licensee and shall remain in effect unless terminated by either party by three months notice to the other. This agreement shall also automatically terminate if the Licensee cancels its subscription to AJMAA, with cancellation defined as failure to pay for the current year’s electronic edition of AJMAA before the due date as defined by AIP.
10.On termination of this agreement, AIP shall
provide perpetual access for
Licensee authorized users to all volumes of AJMAA published before the
termination of this agreement (i.e.,
to volumes already paid for) except where
such termination is due to a breach
of the agreement by the Licensee which the Licensee has failed to remedy.
AIP shall choose to provide this
access either from the AIP web servers or by supplying the electronic files
on CD-ROMs or other storage
medium to the Licensee.
11. This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties and
revokes and supersedes all prior
agreements, oral or written, between them and may not be modified or amended
except in a writing signed by
both parties. This agreement shall take precedence over any other document that
may be in conflict herewith.
Publisher Signature and Date:
Name and Title AIP Signatory:
Licensee Signature and Date:
Name and Title of Licensee Signatory:
E-Mail Address of Licensee:
Postal Address of Licensee:
Domain Name of Licensee Institution:
IP Addresses Ranges (Add extra sheet(s) if necessary):